Thursday, July 16, 2009

When you have POWER

"A prince never lacks legitimate reasons to break his promise."

Me: Are you coming tomorrow for my piano recitals?
You: Yes, sure. Be there sharp. Promise.
Me: Okay, tata for now! :)



The next day..............(phone rings)
You: Hey are you up? I'm sorry to break this to you but I cannot go.
Me: WHAT??!! How come?
You: My mom asked me to stay in for a while because we will be having respectable guests this evening. I'm really sorry.
Me: You promised?
You: I know, but I have no choice. Sorry

YOU are the prince, and ME, I'm just a nobody.

In this conversation, as you can imagine, if you have other things to attend to, there's no way a promise can be intact. Once you've made a decision, that's it. For someone as royal as a prince, this trick should not be hard at all. Generating power means to have a prevailing pronouncement above anything. Promises are not guarantees - it is just a simple word which can be broken even by the highest official.

Does this mean we cannot trust our leaders? At some point, yes. Having so much power in their hands, a hasty "NO" can be said in a blink of an eye. Sad to say, a mad of word is not trendy nowadays. From simple piano recitals to extravagant gathering in a palace, it is very easy to refuse so long as you have POWER over the others, so long as you CONTROL your decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment